- 2015’s £1 books
- WBD TV
- News & Events
- Play & Win
- About Us
Which book would be in your Hall of Fame? What’s your favourite book of any book there is?
The one you couldn’t put down once you started reading it (even if it meant not getting any sleep that night)? And that you couldn’t stop thinking about once you’d finished it?
OR who’s your favourite character? (It could be the baddest baddy or the superest hero!)
All you have to do is let us know and you could win a whole year’s worth of books for you and your school or nursery!
[contact-form-7 id=”627″ title=”A years supply of books competition”]
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. No purchase necessary to enter the competition.
2. This competition is open to UK and Republic of Ireland residents aged two years and over, with the exception of employees of the Promoter, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion. Entries from those age 13 or under must be accompanied by written permission from a parent/guardian or with their written consent.
3. Entries must be received by midnight on 31 May 2012.
4. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid. Entries become the property of the Promoter and are not returned.
5. Only one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize.
6. To enter, children should visit worldbookday.wpengine.com and enter the name of their favourite book or book character. Alternatively, you can send your entry along with personal details, including name, age, email address and proof of parent/guardian permission to: World Book Day Hall of Fame Competition, Booksellers Association, 6 Bell Yard, London WC2A 2JR.
7. The winner will be the first valid entry selected at random on 1 June 2012.
8. The prize is a year’s supply of books for the winner and the winner’s school, consisting of 60 books in total each for the child and the school (ie five books a month for 12 months), which will be sent to the two addresses on a one-off basis. The books will be chosen by the promoter but will be appropriate for the winner’s age/reading ability.
9. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into. There is no cash alternative available.
10. The winner will be notified via email or post by 29 June 2012. The winner must claim their prize within 14 working days of the Promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
11. To obtain details of the winners please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating the name of the promotion in the subject heading 4 weeks after the closing date.
12. The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the competition, unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering this competition, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this competition and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
13. The winners agree to take part in reasonable post-event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity.
14. By entering the competition each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
15. The Promoters are World Book Day Ltd, 6 Bell Yard, London WC2A 2JR.